The First Sensor Series 9 silicon avalanche photodiodes (APDs) have a high sensitivity of 905 nm and are suited for use in driver assistance systems and 3D mapping.
With the Series 9, First Sensor offers a wide range of silicon avalanche photodiodes (APDs) with very high sensitivity in the near infrared (NIR) wavelength range, especially at 905 nm.
- Internal gain mechanism, large dynamic range and fast rise time suits use in LIDAR systems for optical distance measurement and object recognition according to the time of flight method
- Application examples include driver assistance systems, drones, safety laser scanners, 3D-mapping and robotics
- Offers detectors as single elements as well as linear and matrix arrays with multiple sensing elements
- Package options include rugged TO housings or flat ceramic SMD packages
- Slow increase of the gain with applied reverse bias voltage allows for easy and precise adjustments of high gain factors
- For particularly low light levels, hybrid solutions are also available that further enhance signal with internal transimpedance amplifier (TIA)
- Integrated amplifier is optimally matched to photodiode and allows compact setups as well as very large signal-to-noise ratios
- Can be adapted to specific customer requirements, e.g. in terms of sensitivity, gain, rise time or design
- Large dynamic range and fast rise time
- Single element photodiodes as well as linear and matrix arrays